04 February 2004

Phone calls from a stranded Marine

Chris called me repeatedly the other day. He called me twice while I was in with my doctor. The phone is in my pocket vibrating like crazy. I just figured the "Unknown Number" was Jeff and didn't listen to it.
I answered it when he called while I was in Subway. His GB flight was canceled. He sat there until noon and then flew to Chicago.
When he got to Chicago he found out that flight was cancelled. So he called me and we talked for another hour. Then he gets to the bus station and finds out he'll be sitting there for another four hours.
Of course, he calls me.
Every time I would get to missing him and thinking about him, he would call. It was wonderful. I mean, I know he couldn't have planned it, but it was still cool.
He ended every phone call saying " I love you and I'll call you as soon as I can."
OK, I know that doesn't sound like much to some of you, but to those of you who kept up with me over at Duck and Run or who know me personally, that is a BIG BIG BIG step for Chris and I.

Yes, well, I've run out of things to say at the moment, so.....yeah
Jennie

- your only -

Broadcast Yourself LIVE

passengers

remembered

Technorati Profile